Monday 17 January 2011

Ancillary Task: Poster Analysis; Feature Films

Film Poster Analysis

As I intend to create a short film for my coursework, one of the ancillary tasks I have to produce alongside the short film is that of a poster to promote the film. Above, I have chosen three existing film posters and analysed how the film poster makes use of a number of features to not only promote the film, but as devices to inform the audience of the film content:

- colour
- facial expressions
- font
- images
- layout

- language/ wording
- location
- poses (of characters)
- props
- text

These points have been addressed in a way whereby these details are ambiguous and lead to the audience producing a number of interpretations, therefore acting as a way to persuade the audience to watch the film.

When it comes to the creation of my own poster to promote my short film, I will need to take these conventions into account in order to produce a successful film poster, which gives the audience succinct detail and content about my short film, without giving away too much information.

No comments:

Post a Comment