Sunday 13 March 2011

Ancillary Task: Magazine Review Draft

For the layout of my magazine review ancillary task, I have tried to take into account the coventions and features of an ordinary film review I had formed whilst analysing that of past film reviews seen in already existing film magazines. The style of this particular draft is based around that similar to the Little White Lies discourse and graphology as, after analysing the LWL magazine, I decided that the context in which my own magazine review would be published would be in an edition of the LWL magazines. The reasons for this choice have already been covered during my magazine review analysis section, which can be seen here - http://ryokeichi.blogspot.com/2011/03/ancillary-task-magazine-review-analysis.html.



In this design, it can be seen clearly how I have adhered my design to the LWL magazine since firstly, the layout of the page is extremely similar:
-it consists of a large picture taken from the film itself
-there is a subsection where the important details about the film go (director, running time, title)
-the text layout is in columns
-the text is on a plain white background
-there are subsections at the end of the review acting as the verdict
-star ratings have been given
-the overall layout looks extremely similar to the LWL film reviews which I analysed in my research

Of course, since this is but just a draft of how I intend to lay out my magazine review, there is still a likeliness of the final design being slightly different from that which is displayed in the above image.

No comments:

Post a Comment